Friday, March 11, 2011

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!

I've spent this week in Lappland snowboarding and enjoying the winter sun (and some foggy snowy days too). It's a tradition my parents have to go to Lappland for a week  every winter: to rent a chalet, ski and slalom ski. This time we had some family friends with us, which was a blast. And a real merry-go-round with five adults, two plus one children and three dogs!

What would be more lovely than to pack the car with some friends and head north! Snowboard a board and off we go!




After a day filled with sports it's to enjoy some after ski. My favourite is the PyhäWurst special that's got sausage and bratwurst with potato salad and sauerkraut. Not to forget perry cider and hot chocolate with mint liqueur.






Not much has changed with the lovely winter sport of slalom. Equipment improves every year and new slopes are opened - this year provided us with a brand new PyhäExpress bubble chair lift. But after all people still love the same things they did fifty years ago: speed, powder snow and beautiful landscapes.










In a mountain area I feel perfectly far away from the rush and stress of everyday city-life. There’s time to think and air to breath. After a week I feel quite reborn and ready to go back to Helsinki. Can’t wait to get my hands on to the sewing and wardrobe projects I’ve been planning.

Hope when I get back to Helsinki it'll be spring already and the snow be almost gone! Not at all likely, I know...


Yours truly 

Nelly

Pictures from here, here, here and here.


No comments: